Maybe you’re short on budget or you don’t have the necessary expertise to decide the best fit for your project.
Whatever the reason, opting for the wrong aerial lift equipment can cost you heavily in the long-run.
It can lead to work delays, accidents, and unnecessary expenses. On the other hand, the right aerial equipment offers workers safety, fast project turnover, and cost savings.
Well, scissor lifts and boom lifts are the most convenient and popular equipment for aerial lifting jobs. But the issue is, it’s tough to decide between them.
Here, in this blog, we aim to sort through the confusion between scissor lifts and boom lifts or cherry pickers. By the end, you should know which one you need to invest in.
Scissor Lift Or Boom Lift – Which One Should You Choose?
Table of Contents
Both these aerial equipment are highly useful in lifting workers and materials while easily moving from one position to another.
When choosing between Scissor Lift or Boom Lift Rental, the thing that matters is considering the needs of your project.
- How much lifting weight capacity you need
- The height you want to reach
- If you need equipment for hard to reach areas
Of course, that means you need to evaluate your requirements before you choose between a Scissor Lift or Boom Lift.
Let’s have a quick overview of the scissor lift and boom lift to understand their uses, pros, and cons.
#1. Scissor Lift
Scissor Lifts have crisscrossing support to raise the workers and materials to a certain height. Because their platforms are relatively large, they can fit in multiple workers along with their equipment and tools.
Moreover, scissor lifts provide sturdy support for enhanced safety. The railings in a scissor lift keep the workers safe and prevent falling off.
So, if you need something that can lift large amounts of weight at once safely, Scissor Lift Rental services are probably the best choice.
Though, this equipment typically only lifts vertically and moves only up and down. That means it would probably not be a great fit for work that needs you to move around obstacles.
In summary, here are the pros and cons of scissor lifts.
- Larger platforms than other types of aerial lifts to elevate heavy loads up to 50 feet
- Significantly cheaper than boom lifts
- Can lift up to 1,000 pounds or more
- Scissor lifts have a height capacity of up to 40-50 feets that’s less than boom lifts
- You have to position these directly beneath the work area as they have limited maneuverability
Now, let’s see what are boom lifts or Cherry Picker.
#2. Boom Lifts
Boom lifts have hydraulic arms instead of the crisscrossing support scissor lifts have. Well, boom lifts can also reach higher elevations. But the thing that separates them from scissor lifts is their greater flexibility.
Furthermore, there are two types of boom lifts. And each one differs in terms of flexibility to move around obstacles. One is articulated boom lifts, also known as cherry pickers, with sections on its hydraulic arm that can bend around objects.
So, opting for Cherry Picker Rental is a particularly good choice when you need to work in hard-to-reach areas.
Another boom lift is telescopic lifts with straight hydraulic arms that extend up and have great height capacity. Though, they are a little tough to maneuver
Let’s check out the pros and cons of boom lifts.
- Boom lifts can reach up to 130 feets
- Their long hydraulic arms can be angled in different directions and are not limited to only vertical elevation
- Boom lifts have limited weight capacity as compared to scissor lifts
- They have smaller work platforms and can hold fewer workers and materials
- More expensive than scissor lifts
So, Scissor Lift or Boom Lift, which one are you going to rent?
Torcan Lift Offers Best Rental Prices in the GTA!!
We provide rental services for scissor lifts, boom lift, telehandlers, and forklifts by a day, week, or months.
So, whatever your needs are, Torcan Lift has got you covered.
We have been serving in the Greater Toronto Area since 1999. So, our industrial expertise enables us to provide top-of-the-line equipment and services.
Why Choose Torcan Lift?
- On-site consultations with our experts
- Timely delivery and pick-up facility
- Both on-site and in-house repairs and services
You can reach out to us @ 416-743-2500 for the best Scissor Lift Rental Toronto rates.
Further, our experts work with you to help you pick the right aerial equipment for timely and safe project completion.
Get in touch with us today to experience superior quality and unmatched service guarantee.