Regular Exercise for Pregnant Women can help them to improve health, reduce the risk of excess weight gain, back pain, and may make delivery easier.
Practising regular exercises can also reduce the risks of complications and miscarriages. However, some Infertility Products Manufacturer in India has come up with solutions for reducing pain and decreasing the chances of miscarriage.
But, these medications can have some side-effect both for the mother and her child. Hence, it is recommended to go for some natural methods like exercise and food for less pain and complications.
To have success in completing exercises during pregnancy, it’s good to make a daily Pregnancy Workout Routine and follow that consistently.
This blog deals with some Best Exercise for Pregnant Women, but before that let’s look at some benefits of exercising during pregnancy………….
Exercise during Pregnancy Benefits
Table of Contents
A well-chosen exercise program can have numerous benefits during pregnancy. Following mentioned are some benefits of exercising during pregnancy:
- Reduces backaches, bloating, swelling, and constipation
- Increases your energy
- Improves your mood and posture
- May help prevent or treat gestational diabetes
- Promotes muscles tone, strength and endurance
- Helps you sleep better
- Labor and delivery may be easier
- Get your body back faster after childbirth
- Lower the risk of certain pregnancy-related problems
- Reduces stress and lifts your spirit
Who should not exercise during pregnancy?
To all those women who are having medical problems such as asthma, heart disease or diabetes, exercise may not be advisable.
Exercise may also be harmful if you have pregnancy-related complications such as:
- Bleeding or spotting
- Low placenta
- Threatened or recurrent miscarriages
- Previous premature birth or early labor
- Weak cervix
You might refer reading: Top Gynaecology Pharmaceutical Companies in India
5 Best Pregnancy Exercises At Home
Most women ask their gynaecologist for “which month to start exercise during pregnancy”. The answer to this is you can start training when pregnant, as early as possible.
Additionally, women are vulnerable to a number of complications during pregnancy, including high blood pressure and diabetes.
Thus, eating well and exercising daily can help to keep blood pressure, sugar levels and weight in control and can prevent such complications.
Here are the 5 Best Exercises for Pregnant Women that can be practised easily at home:
Prenatal yoga classes’ helps with joint flexibility, limit your chances of injury and work on total body toning.
This also helps in strengthening of muscles, stimulates blood circulation, and enhances relaxation. These may contribute to a healthy blood pressure during pregnancy.
However, as pregnancy progresses, skip positions that could cause overbalance.
It’s better to avoid some exercise for 5 months pregnant woman that involves lying on the abdomen or flat on the back. This is because lying on the abdomen or back can cause the weight of the fetus and the uterus to put pressure on veins and arteries which may decrease blood flow to the heart.
There is no easier exercise to fit into your busy schedule than brisk walking during pregnancy. Having a brisk walk can provide a cardiovascular workout without too much impact on the knees or ankles. It can be done for free almost anywhere and at any time during pregnancy.
However, it is better to choose smooth surfaces, avoid potholes, rocks and other obstacles and wear supportive footwear.
Preparing For Labor: Squatting or Pelvic Tilts
Squatting: During labor, squatting may help to open the pelvis, so it may be a good idea to practise squatting during pregnancy. This is the best exercise for 4 months pregnant woman.
- Stand with the feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart, and the back straight.
- Lower yourself slowly, keeping your feet flat and your knees no further forward than your feet.
- Hold for 10 to 30 seconds then slowly push up.
Pelvic tilts: These help to strengthen the abdominal muscles and reduces the back pain.
- Go down on the hand and knees
- Tilt the hips forward and pull the abdomen in, arching the back
- Hold for a few seconds
- Release, and let the backdrop
- Repeat this up to 10 times.
Perineal massage lengthens and softens the tissue of the perineum. This is the best Pregnancy Exercises First Trimester as it helps in reducing labor pain during delivery.
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Put a water-soluble lubricant on your thumb or perineal and then place your thumb 1 to 1.5 inch inside the vagina.
- Press downward towards the rectum and to the sides until you feel a slight burning sensation.
- Hold pressure for two minutes until the area becomes numb.
- Breathe deeply and concentrate on relaxing the muscles and then repeat the process.
Elliptical and Stair Climbers
Both elliptical and stair climbers are good bets during pregnancy. Just make sure that you adjust speed, incline and tension to a level that is comfortable to you. Keep in mind that as your pregnancy progresses, you may have a harder time with resistance and need to pay closer attention to where you step to avoid stumbles.
Obviously, it is true that exercising throughout pregnancy doesn’t guarantee a quick recovery or a pain-free back. But healthcare providers generally recommend that by practising regular exercise, while you’re pregnant is a great way to have the healthiest pregnancy possible.
So, here ends the blog for Best Exercise for Pregnant Women. We hope that you find this blog beneficial………..
Till then stay tuned, as we will be back soon with some more informative blog…………….