Suffering from a Knee Joint Pain??? Then you must consult Dr. Ramakant Kumar, the Best knee arthroscopy doctor in patna. To know why you should consult him, give a quick read to this blog……….
Knee Arthroscopy is a procedure for diagnosing and treating knee joints problems. During the Arthroscopy procedure, a surgeon inserts a narrow tube (also called an Arthroscope) containing a fiber-optic video camera through a small incision.
Arthroscopy allows the surgeons to see inside the joints without having to make a large incision. Surgeons can even repair some types of joints damage during arthroscopy, with pencil-thin surgical instruments inserted through additional small incisions.
Knee arthroscopy surgery is helpful in diagnosing a range of problems which include:
Table of Contents
- 1 Reasons to Perform Knee Arthroscopy Surgery?
- 2 How to perform a knee arthroscopy surgery?
- 3 Benefits of Knee Arthroscopy Surgery
- 4 Risks Associated with Performing a Knee Arthroscopy Surgery?
- 5 Why to Choose Dr. Ramakant – Best Knee Arthroscopy Doctor in Patna?
- Persistent joint pain and stiffness
- Damaged cartilage
- Floating fragments of bone and cartilage
- A build-up of fluid which should be drained
Being the Best Knee Arthroscopy Doctor in Patna, Dr. Ramakant Kumar is well versed in all surgical procedures of Total Knee Arthroscopy Patna. This is because, he has performed numerous cases of Knee Transplant in Patna and Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Patna.
Reasons to Perform Knee Arthroscopy Surgery?
A doctor may recommend someone to undergo knee Arthroscopy surgery if, he/she is experiencing knee pain. Also, he might have already diagnosed the condition causing pain, or they may order the arthroscopy to help find a diagnosis. In either way, an arthroscopy is a useful way for doctors to confirm the source of knee pain and treat the problems.
However, some of the reasons to perform knee arthroscopy surgery include:
- Loose body surgery to remove cartilage and/or bone spurs that come loose or break off and get caught in the knee and cause pain, swelling and/or locking
- Meniscus and other cartilage surgeries to replace, fix or trim torn cartilage. Among the most common surgeries for the knee, meniscus surgeries include:
- Meniscus transplant surgery (rarely)
- Meniscal repair (suturing of torn meniscus)
- Torn meniscus trimming, known as a partial meniscectomy
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and other ligament surgeries to repair, reconstruct or replace the ligaments(s) responsible for keeping your knee stable
- Patella realignment surgery to correct instability that may result in dislocation or “slipping” of the kneecap
Therefore, if you are dealing with any kind of knee joints pain which affects your daily activities, you must consult a Knee Arthroscopy Specialist.
Dr. Ramakant Kumar, Best Arthroscopy Surgeon Patna, is highly dedicated and devoted to performing invasive knee arthroscopy surgery at an affordable cost. Thus, it makes sense to choose him over Doctors for Arthroscopy in Patna.
How to perform a knee arthroscopy surgery?
The surgeons usually performs the surgery under general, regional or local anesthesia. After giving adequate anesthesia, the surgeons will create “Portals” to gain access to the knee joints. They then places the portals in specific locations to minimize the potential for injury to surrounding nerves, blood vessels or tendons.
Through one portal the surgeons places a camera into the joints. And through others, small instruments can be used to address the problems. The length of the knee arthroscopy surgery depends on what the doctor needs to accomplish.
However, in most cases, the procedure takes less than an hour. After the completion of the surgery, the knee will be wrapped in a soft bandage.
Generally, the recovery time from Knee Arthroscopy Surgery is usually quicker than recovering from open surgery. Therefore, most people leave the hospital on the day of the operation with some specific instructions about how to handle recovery.
Post-surgery, most patients have to work with a physical therapist to regain motion and strength of the joint. Additionally, the length of rehabilitation varies from person to person. This depends on what procedure is performed during the time of the surgery.
Dr. Ramakant Kumar, being the Best knee arthroscopy doctor in Patna, even assists his patients’ post-surgery to recover as soon as possible.
Benefits of Knee Arthroscopy Surgery
Knee Arthroscopy has been proved a boon in sports injuries. In addition to that, blood loss during the surgery is also minimal and the recovery is quick.
Benefits of arthroscopic surgery as compared to other older open surgeries include:
- Minimal scars
- No overnight hospital stay
- Decreases pain and swelling
- Improved motion
- Quicker functional recovery
- Fewer risks and complications
Risks Associated with Performing a Knee Arthroscopy Surgery?
Like other surgeries, knee arthroscopy also poses some risks, though serious complications are uncommon.
However, some risks associated with the Knee Arthroscopy Surgery include:
- Bleeding inside the joints
- Formation of a blood clot in the leg
- Stiffness in the knees
- Injury or damage to the cartilage, nerves of the knees, blood vessels or ligaments
- Infection inside the joints
Because of the exceptionally low rate of complications and high patient satisfaction scores, it is better to choose Dr. Ramakant Kumar as he is the Best Knee Arthroscopy Doctor in Patna.
Why to Choose Dr. Ramakant – Best Knee Arthroscopy Doctor in Patna?
Ranked amongst the Top 5 Orthopedic Doctor in Patna, Dr. Ramakant Kumar has been renowned as the Best Knee Arthroscopy Specialist in Patna. He has the privilege of acquiring the requisite acumen and skills in orthopedic surgery from prestigious AIIMS, New Delhi.
Being the finest Knee Arthroscopy Doctor in Patna, he has done international fellowships in minimally invasive joint replacement surgery and knee arthroscopy. His clinic’s quality ratings are also excellent amongst the other Top Arthroscopic Surgeon Doctor in Patna.
In addition to that, he has done many international fellowships in minimally invasive Joint Replacement Surgery and Knee Arthroscopy. Upon searching for the Best Orthopedic Doctor in Patna Quora also, you will get to know that he is the Best Knee Arthroscopy Doctor in Patna.
So, if you are residing near boring road, Patna and in the search of Top Arthroscopic Surgeon Doctor in Patna, you must consult Dr. Ramakant Kumar.
Further, to know more about him you may visit his website……….