If you are considering Knee Replacement Surgery in Patna you likely have a lot of questions. Most questions have to do with post-surgery activities and range of motion. In this article, I answer the question Can You Sit Cross-Legged after Knee Replacement?
Well, sitting cross-legged and squatting is not advised. If a person opts for a knee implant.
How to Sit after Knee Replacement?
Table of Contents
Following is the proper way to sit down and stand up after a total knee replacement surgery.
How to sit
- Sit on a stable chair with your injured leg in front of your other leg
- Follow the safety measures and weight-bearing status as instructed by the doctor
- Too much of a weight burden can reinjure your knee
- Back up to the bed or chair until the back of your knees are touching the bed/chair
- Reach your hands back for the bed or chair. Maintain your weight-bearing status!
- Lower your body slowly-slowly into a seated position.
How to stand
- Scoot to the edge of the bed/chair.
- Bend your uninjured leg back to support in standing
- With your hands on the bed or chair, push yourself up to the standing position
- Bring one hand at a time up to your walker or crutches
Sitting on the floor after knee replacement
Most of the patient scan squat or sit on the floor after surgery. However, the knee gets extra loading while getting up and it is recommended that one sits on the floor only in case of an emergency.
Note: Are you suffering from Knee Joint Pain and desiring knee surgery Patna? Then, you must consider consulting Dr. Ramakant Kumar, for getting the surgery done.
What Should I Avoid after Knee Replacement?
Precautions after knee replacement: your new joint needs extra care in the first few weeks after surgery. Certain movements need to be avoided. And setting realistic expectations will go a long way to ensuring proper healing and injury avoidance.
Certain movements you should refrain for several weeks after surgery to avoid injury.
What not to do after knee replacement surgery:
- Swiveling on the ball of your foot
- Sleeping with a pillow under your knee
- Crossing your legs for several weeks post-operatively
Can We Sit Down after Knee Replacement?
It depends on how long it’s been. If you have done all of your therapy that makes you limber so that you can bend your knee.
Total Knee Replacement Doctor in Patna
Dr. Ramakant Kumar is the person for you to go for. As he is the Top Knee Replacement Doctor in Patna. Go to him, if looking for Knee Joint Replacement in Patna.
A Joint Replacement Patna is a surgical method whereby the diseased knee joint is replaced with artificial material. Knee replacement surgery is the last option of the treatment of painful arthritic knees. Patients are considered for knee surgery when a trial of conservative therapy (Medications & physiotherapy) fails.
In addition to that, he is one of the Top Orthopedic Doctor in Patna, Dr. Ramakant is the Knee Replacement doctor.
He is also on top in performing:
- Total Knee Replacement in Patna
- Bilateral Knee Replacement in Patna
- Robotic Knee Replacement in Patna
- Total Knee Replacement Patna
Dr. Ramakant Kumar does employ Navigation Technology in Total Knee Replacement Surgery. This is highly effective when it comes to reducing knee replacement pain.
So, here we will put an end to this blog for – “Can You Sit Cross-Legged After Knee Replacement”. We hope you have got your answer.
However, if you have any queries then feel free to connect with us through the comment section box……….