What is Psoriasis?
Table of Contents
Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune skin condition that speeds up the life cycle of skin cells which causes skin cells to multiply up to 10 times faster than normal. This build-up of cells results in scaling on the skin’s surface and bumpy red patches covered with white scales.
Further, they mostly appear on the scalp, elbows, knees, and lower back.
Factors Causing Psoriasis
No one knows the exact factor causing psoriasis problem but research shows that it is mainly due to two reasons: Immune system and genetics.
- Immune system- It is an autoimmune condition that results in the body to attack its own skin cells and causes plaques.
The attacks on the skin cells cause red, inflamed areas of skin to develop.
- Genetics- Some people inherit genes from their family members with similar skin conditions and make them vulnerable to develop psoriasis. However, the percentage of people causing psoriasis genetically is very small.
Though Psoriasis cannot be cured completely, there are treatments that help in reducing inflammation and slowing the growth of skin cells.
Researches related to Psoriasis is actively making progress on finding better treatments. However, chances are high to find possible cure in the future.
Aldan Healthcare, one of the best Dermatology Pharmaceutical Companies have come up with an effective solution to psoriasis problems.
Psoriasis symptoms differ from person to person depending on the type of psoriasis.
The most common symptoms of psoriasis include (factors causing psoriasis):
- red, raised, inflamed patches of skin
- whitish-silver scales or plaques on the red patches
- dry skin that may crack and bleed
- soreness around patches
- Further, itching and burning sensations around patches
- thick pitted nails
- Moreover, painful & swollen joints
There are five types of psoriasis:
- Plaque Psoriasis- It is the most common type of psoriasis and is commonly found on the scalp, knees and elbows. This causes red, inflamed patches that cover areas of the skin.
- Guttate Psoriasis- Guttate psoriasis is common in childhood. This type of psoriasis causes small pink spots. Unlike other Psoriasis types, this gets commonly found on arms, torso and, legs.
- Pustular Psoriasis- It consists of well-defined, white pustules on the skin filled with pus that is non-infectious.
- Erythrodermic Psoriasis- It is a rare type of psoriasis that is extremely inflammatory. This can affect most of the body’s surface causing the skin to become bright red.
- Inverse Psoriasis- Inverse psoriasis appears as very red lesions in body skin folds, most commonly under the breasts, in the armpits, near the genitals or in abdominal folds.
Is Psoriasis Contagious?
Psoriasis is not contagious even with the skin to skin contact. One cannot develop psoriasis if they touch someone who has it.
However, it can be passed on from parents to children, as there is a genetic component to the disease.
This skin disease has no cure. But there are treatments that depend on the type and severity of the condition. The main option available for treating psoriasis is through medications.
NYGELIS, manufactured by Aldan Healthcare has been referred as the best derma solution for Psoriasis Treatment in India.
Nigella Sativa, the main component of Nygelis is a miracle product having an immense benefit in dermatology.
Moreover, this product comes at an affordable price, in two forms: capsules and gel cream. Further, its a Phytopharma product having no side effects.
Note: It should be used only after consulting a dermatologist.
About Aldan Healthcare
Aldan Healthcare is the Top Dermatology Pharmaceutical Companies in India manufacturing products dealing in Dermatology and Gynaecology.
Based in Mumbai, India, it is the best Phytopharma Product Manufacturers in India having trusted customers across the globe.
Their main aim is to provide healthcare with care, with a focus on improving patient care and meeting the needs of the medical fraternity.
For appointments you can contact: ……………..