Time machine helps in the backup of files & saves them to the preferred location like hard drive, internal disk, or time machine capsule.
However, most Apple users have faced the issue of time machines not working, & they might search for solutions like how to fix – Time Machine can’t complete backup on WD My Book.
Well, we have solutions for you…to fix time machine can’t find backup disk.
You just need to follow the instructions to cope up with the issue of the time machine can’t find backup disk.
How To Fix – Time Machine Can’t Complete Backup On WD My Book
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Fix – Time Machine Can’t Complete Backup On WD My Book
- 2 The solution to Fix Time Machine Couldn’t Complete the Backup an Error Occurred While Copying Files
- 3 Fix Time Machine Couldn’t Complete the Backup to My Passport for Mac
- 4 How To Fix – Time Machine Can’t Complete Backup On WD My Book With Stellar?
Here are the solutions to fix the issue of the time machine when it’s not working…
Quit the Background Apps
If your Mac Looks lethargic & you have no space left to run the time machine smoothly, then all you have to do is monitor & identify the heavy apps running in the background, & then quit the app.
De-Clutter Your Mac
The Time Machine backup on WD My Book may also fail due to junk files on the Mac hard drive.
These unnecessary files will prevent the backup process from proceeding smoothly, because Time Machine may run out of space during the creation of the backup.
Although Time Machine can be optimized by deleting the oldest backup from your WD My Book device, as a good practice, be sure to organize your Mac and WD My Book from time to time to provide Time Machine with the space you need.
So, these were the methods to fix Time Machine can’t complete backup on WD My Book.
Now, moving on let’s get to the solution for the time machine not configured while copying files.
The solution to Fix Time Machine Couldn’t Complete the Backup an Error Occurred While Copying Files
Here’s the comprehensive solution for how to fix – Time Machine can’t complete backup on WD My Book while copying files.
To Fix the Error
- Connect your Mac to the Time machine drive
- If you want to turn off the time machine…you need to select “None” in the preferences for the backup disk.
- Now, open your console.
- After that, click “system.log” and press “clear display” to open the time machine by opening “time machine prefs” and then selecting your disk drive.
- Like 12:14:14 computer name. System / Library / CoreServices / backupd : Error: (-36) SrcErr: YES Copying /path/to/file/filename to (null)
- Delete the files. Repeat steps 2 and 6 to restart the machine.
Fix Time Machine Couldn’t Complete the Backup to My Passport for Mac
- Enter the repair mode by turning off the Mac, and immediately after pressing the power button to turn it back on, hold down Command-r (⌘+r) for a period of time until the Mac does not show the power bar. Scrolling will ask you one or two questions, such as “language?” Please note that you need to shut down, not just restart because you cannot run Command- fast enough during the restart.
- After entering the repair mode, you will see a list of 4 options. Select Disk Utility…
- Select your main disk (usually Macintosh HD) and click First Aid.
- Then select the external WD drive you want to use for backup and click “Erase Drive” …(assuming you want to use the entire drive as a backup, otherwise you need to call Apple for different instructions). Choose a name and want to use GUID mapping to format it as “APFS” (not encrypted or case sensitive). This is really fast.
- With the external WD drive still selected, click “First Aid” and say “OK” to clean the drive. Exit Disk Utility and restart.
- Start Time Machine, deselect the existing backup drive (especially if it is the drive you just erased) and then reselect the external WD drive just made by First Aid as the backup drive.
- The first backup is complete. Wait a moment to confirm that subsequent backups have also been completed successfully.
How To Fix – Time Machine Can’t Complete Backup On WD My Book With Stellar?
Stellar Data Recovery for Mac, the most prominent Software in the industry is there to recover lost or deleted files with ease.
Moreover, the tool is very easy to use & also provides Unicode recovery.
Whatever the situation is, Stellar Data Recovery for Mac can recover the files in any scenario.
Now we sump up the blog “how to fix – Time Machine can’t complete backup on WD My Book”. Hope to find this blog informative for you….